BAS Lodgement


If your business is registered for GST and you are outsourcing your bookkeeping then you need a BAS Agent to legally act on your behalf with the Australian Taxation Office

to lodge your Business Activity Statement.

For many years anyone with a little computer know how and the ability to enter transactions into an accounting program could charge you for their services and in many instances these people did not have the required knowledge and skills to perform complex bookkeeping tasks. Thankfully in recent years with the ever changing compliance obligations there has been an overhaul of the financial sector. Now in order to complete business activity tasks, you must be a registered BAS Agent with the Tax Practitioners Board. Part of this registration process ensures that each Agent has a minimum qualification of a Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or Accounting, holds current Professional Indemnity Insurance and complies with continuing professional education to ensure that they are up to date with compliance obligations. All of this is good news for business owners as you can now be assured that when you engage the services of a registered BAS Agent you are getting the services of a fully qualified processional.

We are a registered BAS Agent with the Tax Practitioner’s Board. Before you make any decisions regarding outsourcing your bookkeeping we would highly recommend that you log onto the Tax Practitioner’s Board website and check to see if the bookkeeper you are looking to engage is registered.